If you’re visiting Cabo San Lucas, it’s probably because you’re in desperate need of a vacation. The good thing is Los Cabos is a great place to relax by the beach or enjoy an adrenaline inducing activity. Some people may feel nervous about going on certain adventures, though, because they’re scared that motion sickness will ruin their experience. Here are some of our activities that may cause motion sickness and solutions on how to prevent it.
Excursions that May Cause Motion Sickness
- Horseback Riding in Cabo – Although the ride is relaxing and calm, the movement of the horse may make you a little nauseous.
- Cabo Fishing Tours – Many people think they won’t get sea sick, but after being on a rocking boat for hours they may not feel too well.
- Wild Canyon Zip Line in Cabo – Zip lining consists of a pulley suspended on a cable, used to carry a person from one location to the next via air. The fastness, as well as the height, may cause motion sickness.
- Sling Swinger in Los Cabos – On this excursion, you’ll experience a 300 foot free fall. Even for people who never get motion sickness, they may feel a little nauseous afterwards.
How to Relieve Motion Sickness
- Vitamin B-6 – Vitamin B-6 is used to treat nausea in pregnancy and people with anxiety, and it has also begun being used to treat motion sickness as well.
- Ginger – There is research to support that ginger helps with motion sickness. There are ginger pills that you can take, or you can choose to chew on natural ginger.
- Peppermint – Similar to ginger, peppermint can help relieve motion sickness in the same way. You can take it by drinking peppermint tea, smelling peppermint oil, or eating peppermint candy.
- Patches – There are patches filled with scopolamine that you can use to prevent motion sickness.
- Water- Never underestimate the power of water and hydration. If you drink a lot of water, it will help with your motion sickness.
Now that you know how to prevent motion sickness, sign up for one of our exciting Los Cabos tours! Our Los Cabos tour guidewill make sure you feel comfortable in whatever excursion that you choose.