There are many different ways to drink tequila. Some people drink it straight, other people drink tequila sunrises, while everyone else drinks margaritas. Although margaritas can be found all over the world, this drink is famously served in Mexico. This is because all tequila comes from Mexico, which means that the best margaritas can be found here. The best way to try their margaritas is when you enjoy Cabo nightlife. Once you leave Los Cabos, however, you’ll probably want to know how to make a great margarita. You can do so by following this recipe.
3 oz tequila blanco, 1.5 oz Cointreau, 8 limes, salt, 2 cups of ice
- First, squeeze 4 oz of natural lime juice from the limes and set aside for the next step.
- Next, place the tequila, Cointreau, lime juice, and ice in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Now you can add salt around the rim. To do this, cut one of your extra limes into pieces and rub lime juice around the rim of the glass. Then dip the rim in salt so that it sticks.
- Now you can pour the margarita into the glass and add a lime wedge as a garnish.
- If you want your margarita over-the-rocks (not blended), then use the same ingredients but skip the blender. To mix it, use a shaker.
- If you want to add flavor to your margarita, don’t be afraid to experiment a little! For instance, if you want a mango margarita, all you have to do is add mango puree. You can buy this pre-made, or you can make your own by blending chunks of mango.
Although making margaritas isn’t that complicated, it’s hard to compete with the ones that you’ll taste in Cabo San Lucas nightlife. This is because the bartenders are experts at making these drinks. So, although this recipe will hold you over until you return, make sure to plan your next Cabo nightlife trip to get the real-deal.